Heidi A. Hillyer, Esq., is an attorney and founder of the law firm Heidi A. Hillyer, P.A. located in Winter Springs, Florida. She has dedicated her law practice to representing plaintiffs in personal injury claims. She has represented numerous clients in civil and criminal cases including:
- Automobile Accidents
- Breach of Contract
- Civil Theft
- Motions for Post-conviction Relief
- Premises Liability
- Sealing and Expunging Criminal Records
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Tortious Interference with a Business Relationship
- Traffic Violations
- Unclaimed Property Claims
Heidi is a graduate of Barry University School of Law. She was ranked in the top 5% of her class, graduated with magna cum laude honors, and served on the Editorial Board of the Barry Law Review. While in school, she clerked for attorney J. Cheney Mason, P.A., and interned at the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Court in the Criminal Justice Center in Sanford, Florida where she researched legal issues and wrote legal memoranda for criminal and civil cases.
Bar Memberships and Professional Organizations:
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- American Association For Justice
- Orange County Bar Association
- Seminole County Bar Association
- Brevard County Bar Association
Honors and Awards:
Heidi Hillyer was the recipient of the 2016 Seminole County Bar Association Legal Aid Society Pro Bono Service Award.
Hillyer, Heidi A. (2016) "Reducing the Rate of Prison Recidivism in Florida by Providing State Corporate Income Tax Credits to Businesses as an Incentive for Employment of Ex-Felons," Barry Law Review: Vol. 21: Iss. 1, Article 4.
Available at: http://lawpublications.barry.edu/barrylrev/vol21/iss1/4